Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Friday the 13th! Our lucky day!

I know today is not Friday the 13th, but Friday the 13th is my favorite day.  It is one of the most special and wonderful days, because 15 years ago on Friday the 13th, Ossil and I got married, and it has been wonderful. 

Actually we didn't get married that day because it was Friday the 13th.  We did it because that was the date that best fit our schedules, with my school and his work.  And the temple was packed all the other weekends in May, so that was the only day open.  Gee, I wonder why nobody wants to get married on Friday the 13th.  May 13th was also his mother's birthday.  So it was special for that as well.  

I like it, because not only do we have our anniversary each May 13th, but we also consider each Friday the 13th our special day as well, no matter what month it falls into.  

I married a wonderful man, and we have had a great marriage.  Is it because Friday the 13th is lucky for us, or is it because we made good choices?  It is because we made good choices.  We don't have any kind of superstitious beliefs.  It is kind of fun to go against the superstition though.  It makes it memorable.  

Ossil, I love you, and I am so thankful that you are my husband.  Thanks for putting up with me all these years.   You are a wonderful man.  I am so glad you are the father of my children, and my sweet husband.  

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Yes, you have a wonderful husband but you are a wonderful wife. Love you both!

Zola said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Oh I remember that wonderful day. The S.D.Temple was so empty you could hear crickets--just kidding. The wedding was beautiful; it was truly a joyous occasion--one of the most special days of my life. What a great pair you are, and what great children you have produced.

Natalee said...

Happy Anniversary!!! We love you guys.