I guess my friend offered to let the daughter say with her family for a few weeks while they had to go out of town for work. The girl is very nice, and she is not the problem. The problem is the parents. They left her there for a month. They also leave her at the my friend's house for weekends and school nights all the time. They also never give her any money for food or taking care of her. My friend is getting tired of it. In fact, they just asked her if she could take their daughter for the rest of the school year. My friend said no, but the dad keeps following my friend around begging her to take their daughter. He was so desperate that he said maybe if I (Lisa) took the daughter on weekends and picked her up for school everyday, would they agree to it. So she called me to warn me that he or the wife might be calling to ask for this.
I guess both of the parents are nurses that work for one person in their home, a personal nurse. The mom works all day in one person's house (practically lives there), and the dad is out of work, but got a job out of town for another individual. They have a beautiful huge home in a nice neighborhood (that they are literally never at), and they really need money, so they want to pawn their child off on other people. The daughter is great, I really like her, and having her would not be too bad, but the poor girl feels abandoned. Her parents are continually dumping her on other people, like she is portable, like a possession. She has even begged her parents to let her stay with them (her parents), because she is always with other people.
I think the best thing for them to do is sell the house at a loss, and move into a small apartment with their daughter, and get jobs that only require them to work during the day, or opposite schedules of each other so one of them can be with her weekends and nights, etc. It is so sad. My friend also said that they often leave her for hours longer than they agreed to, and even drop her off at places that my friend is at so she will be forced to take her.
My daughter is in the same class as their daughter, and at back to school night, the mom asked me if I could take their daughter in an emergency. I told her that I would only in an emergency, for a few hours. I didn't know all this was going on when I told them that, but I knew that they worked alot and sometimes had people watch her. I am so glad that my friend called me. If they even ask me to take their daughter at all I will say no. If they keep begging, I will have to tell them that it is for the good of their daughter, and that she needs them. That they need to quit their jobs and sell their house and spend time with her. They seem like such nice people, but clearly the have really screwed up principles. Their daughter doesn't care about nice stuff, she just wants to be with her family. Poor girl.
I am so thankful that even though I am not the best mom, at least I am there. Even moms who work all day are better than what these people are doing to their daughter. I am thankful that my parents were there for me, and I have a husband who agrees that I should be home with the kids as well. No job or career or big house is worth pawning off your children on someone else.
3 comments:
Maddening! There is a mom at taekwando who drops off her two little kids everyday at the first class at four, and doesn't come back until sometimes after the last class. They are little, and kids that small really can't do more than a class or two. Cheap babysitting, I guess. Sad.
That's completely insane!! That poor little girl is going to have some serious issues!!
Grrrrrrr! What a terrible message these people are sending their daughter...... "Things are more important than you." They may not be vocalizing this message, but she is hearing it loud and clear. Actions speak way louder than words.
Post a Comment